Friday, July 31, 2009

Ladies at Lunch

I'm a little late posting today, because I had lunch in Rosarito with the amazing Dr. Marlene Siersema, host of the #1 Positive Talk Radio internet show. She interviewed me a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time. MORE fun to meet in person.

You can find her at: http://www.drmarlenebbs.com/radio.htm

Some friends and I enjoyed a break from our normal days of sitting around, working on our laptops while staring at the ocean and observing the hummingbirds. I know, it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it!

There's something wonderful that happens when women of a certain age get together and just want to have fun. Maybe it happens with younger women too; I just don't know 'cause that's not my age group. We laugh, we may cry, we understand each other's joys and challenges, and, maybe most important, we don't have to prove anything to anyone. We know who we are, we LIKE who we are, and that sets us free. I wish these friendships for everyone!

Now, what did we talk about? My book, "Clintonista, a White House Memoir". We're going to re-issue the book with a new title, "White House Story, a Democratic Memoir." Did some market testing and discovered too many people don't "get" Clintonista - a title I love. When they hear the White House insider stories, they love them, but it's getting the eyes onto the book that we're working on.

Talked about Dr. Marlene's astonishing weight loss: 170 lbs, the HARD way, no by-pass. Find her book on her site.

Talked about my friend Anna Love's Clinic Estetica in Tijuana, and her FABULOUS skin care products and procedures. She looks 30 years younger than her actual age. No kidding! Find this at: http://clinicestetica.com/

Talked about my friend Lynn Doiron, who has almost finished "The True Story of Irene in White Tights," her novel, and is a brilliant poet too. Just being able to say I have a friend who's a brilliant poet makes me sound more interesting, doesn't it? Lynn did just what I did - came to Baja for a "visit" and decided to stay, almost a year ago. I'm very glad she's here.

My friends enrich my life, and I love them!

No comments: